Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Costa Rican Vacation

So I am sitting in Starbucks with the intent of being able to concentrate more but as you can tell, I am not being successful in this venture. I think it is the lack of a close deadline, like tomorrow. I definitely write papers quicker under pressure. But God willing, I will be able to concentrate before too long.
I have yet to tell you all of all the adventures that I was able to experience the last week of Costa Rica. I can’t say I am going to go into extreme detail because we will both end up bored. The beginning of my vacation was begun with a great trip to one of Costa Rica’s magnificent volcano’s complete with a trip to the hot springs and a beautiful waterfall. Then after a journey through the lake, over the mountains, and through the woods we made it to the town of MonteVerde and were able to go zip lining (the one thing I wanted to do before I left). I can say that this weekend excursion was well worth the money. Being able to zip line about a quarter of a mile over a valley like superman made the whole thing complete.
And as much as I love to hate the beach (because of the sand, heat, and salt water; I’m more of a pool person) I went to the beach because yet again, it’s all part of the experience. We went to two different beaches. Both beaches magnificent and something to be experienced. The first beach had a national park and we got to see a howler monkey, a sloth, Costa Rican raccoons and the little whit face monkeys (no idea what they are called). The beach was beautiful and we got to set up our hammocks until the park closed. I am convinced that the hammock was the best $40 I have spent in my entire life. At one of the beach towns we went searching for a waterfall and with little surprise but much joy we found it and spent all day playing on the rope swing and jumping into the deep pools of water and finding a perfect spot to set up the hammock. The next day we got to go snorkeling at Isla Tortuga where we had a fish lunch then got to set up our hammocks again right on the beach. Life here is truly “Tranquilo” or calm and it is beautiful.
This is definitely the extremely brief version but the details are numerous but this was by far the best vacation I have been on because of the company and the experiences. I will never forget this week and could probably move back to one of the several places we went, become a beach bum, be completely content with life and die feeling successful.



Our hammocks right on the beach.



The view from my hammock in the national park. Can life get much better?



Isla Tortuga- Around where we went snorkeling. We set our hammocks up on this beach too.



Love this kid

No comments:

Post a Comment