Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Almost Ready...


I have been planning for over a year for my last semester of college to consist solely of an international internship. Despite planning and endless emailing over the past 5 months, I received word less than two weeks ago that my trip to Costa Rica was official and the rat race to get all my ducks in a row before flying out began. I can't say with upmost confidence that I have everything but forgetting something at this point isn't a life or death matter, as long as it isn't my passport.

I don't know if it is possible for the anticipation to be any higher because I have been waiting for this journey to begin for some time. Although I am slightly nervous, I know as soon as I settle in the anxiousness will be disappear. I will without a doubt miss my loving family, awesome boyfriend, and fun friends (and they better miss me) but I know the experience will be once in a lifetime and one I won't soon forget.

Maybe just maybe this will help give me the answer to the age old question "So what do you want to do with your life?"; because trust me people, this question never gets old. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me in Costa Rica and in the future, after graduation; I'm just along for the ride.

4 comments:

  1. Woo! You have a blog. So excited to read about your adventures! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your trip - I must confess that Costa Rica was the scariest vacation I've ever taken - not because I was even in any peril, but the critters and the volcano got the better of me. It's a beautiful country and everyone else that has been seems to love it - I really should have re-thought the safari-type trip I chose. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your sister twisted your arm! I can't wait to read about your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just got off the phone with your sister and she said you should be able to go to an Internet Cafe this weekend, so I wanted to send a quick note! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am looking forward to hear all about your adventure! We will have another Speir/Mier/Tabor reunion when you get back! Love you!

    ReplyDelete