Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Adventures of a 'Mier'kat

Friday, February 5, 2010

Love Like Crazy

I haven't really been in the mood to write, and I'm still really not. But alas, sometimes we do things we don't want to.

- It is currently so hot I think I might melt soon. I know yall don't really want to hear it, because it's been so cold, but we have no air and even with all the windows and doors open there is still not much relief.

- Everything isn't bigger in Texas. The cockroaches are without a doubt bigger here and run rampant.

- There was a huge fire this morning up the street that affected over 45 families. The dangerous thing is that all these homes have bars, and they are all touching so it spreads faster than you can put it out.

- Johnathan, the oldest son, is pretty much my best friend. He always keeps an eye on me and comes and checks on me. He always sits by me, puts his hand on my shoulder, and gives me hugs. He also brings a pack of cookies for me for the long trip home after church. He doesn't know how much this comforts me to have someone always watching out for me when I'm without all of y'all and all the familiar things of home. I'm so thankful for him.

- I'm having a great time here, but it's sometimes difficult when you know your life at home is going on (changing) without you. But I don't expect any less.

- Some say that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but it's not exactly productive for relationships. They can take their distance and I'll take my heart that is already pretty fond. But you do what you can with the cards you are dealt. I still have no doubt I am supposed to be here now.


This week I have experienced the intense love of the women I work with, not only for the girls at the Refuge but everyone they encounter. These women shed a lot of sweat and many tears in an attempt to help these young girls make something of themselves. They truly have the heart of Jesus. It's super refreshing and inspiring. Everyday I pray that I'm filled with the Love of God and have his compassionate heart for all I encounter. These women are positively affecting these girls, not just now but in the future, more than they will ever know.

I have no idea what the future holds or where I'll be in the next 6 months. But what I do know is that I want to be filled with the love that only comes from God. I want to positively impact everyone I encounter by sharing a love that is without judgment, expectations, conditions, or anything else that so often hinders our relationships with others, and others' relationships with their Loving Creator.

I want to love people with everything I have, so much that it hurts.

Lauren

2 comments:

  1. Lauren, It is so wonderful to hear you talk about the ladies at the refuge. That is totally a God thing and it makes my heart want to rejoice. I am glad you have your "little buddy" to look after you, I know you will always cherish those children. Dad and I love you so much. Take care. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    I have been praying for you and ask your parents about you at church so your dad sent me your blog page so I could check up on you..HAHA You are truly doing an amazing thing.. May God bless and keep you safe..Take care and talk to you soon.
    Angela Malcom

    ReplyDelete